in:Flux Feature improvements:
Version 3.0 is a major update to the in:Flux solver, to improve its capabilities for the wide range of applications for which it is now being used. The improvements particularly affect internal flows (indoor ventilation) and transient releases.
- Passive inlets and outlets can be set for indoor ventilation simulations.
- Monitor Regions now show minimum, maximum and average values in the monitor region for all variables. This can be accessed in the new Monitor Region Data window (Project Menu).
- Custom Volumes can now be set for ventilation simulations and accessed via the tab on the Volume Analysis window (Project Menu).
- Mesh Refinement Regions allow some user control over meshing, to account for cases where the automatic mesh cannot make a reasonable assumption about the required mesh resolution in certain regions. Refinement regions area available from the “Add Item” tab and should only be used in very specific circumstances.
- Pressure is available for post-processing
- Toxic Dose variable is available for transient releases of toxic gases.
- Thermal Dose variable is available for transient fire simulations
- The improved solver now fixes several bugs in the previous versions.
February 16, 2023